Thank you for volunteering!
Please look through this section and print out the pages that relate to what you are doing and bring them with you for reference. Alphabetical order.
- Introduction (see below)
- Aid Stations
- Ask Me Persons
- Awards Pickup
- Backup Results
- Baggage/Gear Check and Pickup
- Contact #’s
- Course Marshals
- Finish Line Cleanup
- Finish Line Refreshments
- Finish Line Setup
- Finisher Medal Handout
- Green Team
- Kids’ Race
- Packet Pickup and Late Registration
- Park Entrance Marshal
- Relay Exchange Marshal
- Volunteer HQ at finish
VOLUNTEER TRAINING PARTY: 5-7pm Tuesday March 31st at location TBA. Please attend!! Get info and maps, ask questions, meet your area captain. Prize draws, discount on food & drinks. Youth-friendly venue. Mandatory for first-time volunteers.
All volunteers MUST CHECK IN on Saturday or Sunday April 4 or 5 (same day as your 1st job):
- Saturday – 2:00-4:30pm at PaceSetter Athletic (Holy Crap building), 622 Hough Rd.
- Sunday –
- For volunteer jobs in Gibsons and Roberts Creek, sign in at the Community Centre (Room 209) between 7:30 and 8:45am.
- Volunteering first/only at the finish area or marshalling in Wilson Creek/Davis Bay: sign in at the Volunteer HQ (house) in Mission Point Park, starting at 8:00am.
- Water station 3 & 4 volunteers (only): check in with your water station captain on site – they will have your t-shirt (no pickup elsewhere).
If your position needs a visi-vest and/or stop/slow paddle, these will be signed out to you. Do not switch with another volunteer. Each item has a number on it and we keep a record of who has what.
There is no parking inside Mission Point Park. Vehicle access is for drop off only, for sponsors, suppliers, media, crew. Please park at the beach parking lot or on side streets in Davis Bay.
Volunteer HQ will be inside Mission Point House in 2020.
Please familiarize yourself with the race information at foolsrun.com, especially as it relates to your area. Everything you need to know is on there or in this section. Study the maps.
Many of you will be given a lanyard with race day schedule and key phone #’s. Refer to it when needed. Bring a phone, fully charged – critical if you are a station captain or area manager.
We are aiming to be a ZERO WASTE EVENT as much as possible. Please make use of the recycling/composting bins at the finish area! Bring your own coffee mug and/or water bottle!
Dress appropriately for the weather. Layering is best.
Remember to SMILE and HAVE FUN! The participants are our “customers” and we want to give great customer service! Be pleasant and positive at all times.