Step 4: Run the race!
First, check out these very important maps (maybe print a copy):
At the start:
- There are lots of indoor toilets at the Community Centre. That is just so awesome. It may or may not be open when you choose to run... plan ahead.
- Start location is 300m up Park Road from the Community Centre, past the playing fields.
On the course:
One reason not to wear
headphones while running
- We'd like to ban headphones during the race, but we know you'll just wear them anyway. For your own safety please keep the volume low and/or use 1 earbud only.
Run on the side of the road as per the map — on the shoulder (where there is a painted shoulder line, don't cross it; stay single file except to pass). This prevents road rage from local residents.
- Bring your own hydration or have your vehicle driver meet you along the way.
- We'll try to mark every km. Some markers may be difficult to see depending on location.