Fools Run Training Clinics at PaceSetter Athletic
2019 training clinics started January 12th in Gibsons at PaceSetter Athletic. We'll help you prepare for the Fool's Run: Running or Walk/Running the half marathon, or doing a 2- or 4-Person Relay. There's also a full marathon option for those aiming to run the BMO Vancouver Marathon in May.
Register online (see links below) or in-store (103 - 622 Hough Road, in the Holy Crap plaza near Veterans Road).
- Group runs are Thursday evenings and Saturday mornings at PaceSetter Athletic. The last Saturday of the month will be run in Roberts Creek, at Up The Creek B&B (Krause Rd at Roberts Creek Rd, ~200m down from the highway)
- Thursday sessions include training/racing tips at 6:10pm; workout starts 6:30. Saturday morning sessions start 8:00am (no talk).
- Cost: $50. Drop-in $5. $100 to join the PaceSetter Club (covers all road running clinics in 2018).
- Training and racing Q&A will also be provided via email and FB group
- Pace groups and looping back will ensure no one is left behind
- Clinic members get 10% off all in-store purchases during the clinic (regular priced items).
- Prerequisite: before starting the half marathon clinic, you need to be able to run or walk/run at least 45 minutes continuously, at any speed (60 minutes if joining after week 2). The 5k Learn to Run group has no prerequisites — it's for beginners!
Running Room Clinics
Not on the Sunshine Coast? Check here for Running Room clinics that will get you ready for the BMO April Fool's Run!
Recommended Tune-Up Races
We encourage you to attend one or more of these great tune-up races. A shorter race is an excellent way to prepare for a half marathon! The Fool's Run is one of only two half marathons in the 9-race Lifestages Lower Mainland Road Race Series (LMRRS), which provides Vancouver-area runners a chance to earn points throughout the spring and summer and qualify to win series age group prizes.