Half Marathon & 5K Training Clinics at PaceSetter Athletic
Half Marathon & 5K training clinics are on now in Gibsons at PaceSetter Athletic. We'll help you prepare for the Fool's Run: Running or Walk/Running, or doing a 4-Person Relay.
Register in-store (103 - 622 Hough Road) or online (see links below).
- Group runs are Wednesday evenings and Saturday mornings at PaceSetter Athletic. The last Saturday of the month will be run in Roberts Creek. January 28 and February 25: meet at Up The Creek B&B in Roberts Creek (Krause Rd at Roberts Creek Rd, ~200m down from the highway)
- Wednesday sessions include training/racing tips at 6:10pm; workout starts 6:30. Saturday morning sessions start 8:00am (no talk).
- Cost: $50. Drop-in $5. $100 to join the PaceSetter Club (covers all clinics in 2017).
- Training and racing Q&A will also be provided via email and FB group
- Pace groups and looping back will ensure no one is left behind
- Clinic members get 10% off all in-store purchases during the clinic (regular priced items).
- Prerequisite: before starting the half marathon clinic, you need to be able to run or walk/run at least 40 minutes continously, at any speed (60 minutes if joining after week 2). The 5k has no prerequisites.
Running Room Clinics
Check here for Running Room clinics that will get you ready for the BMO April Fool's Run!
Recommended Tune-Up Races
We encourage you to attend one or more of these great tune-up races. A shorter race is an excellent way to prepare for a half marathon! The Fool's Run is one of only two half marathons in the 10-race Lifestages Lower Mainland Road Race Series (LMRRS), which provides Vancouver-area runners a chance to earn points throughout the spring and summer and qualify to win series age group prizes.